Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day 234: August 22, 2011

The day started out fine.  I slept in until 9 am!   But once I left the house, everything went down hill.

I got a flat tire on my way from the post office to work.  I had specifically left early so that I could get some stuff done before the staff meeting.  HA!!!  So much for that.  I was trapped on 7th Street, halfway between Lincoln & Madison.

Luckily, my dad came to save me.  He changed my tire.  (Yes, I have been shown how to change a tire, but that was years ago.)  My spare was almost flat, but it was good enough to get me to Discount Tire.  They checked out all of my tires and showed me just how bad they all were.  (2 had been purchased in 2005 and the other 2 in 2007...and they had never been rotated.)  So, $400 and an hour later, I had 4 new tires.  An expense I SOOOOOO didn't need right now.  GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Life was not good today.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment