Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 64: March 5, 2011

I learned a valuble life lesson this morning.  Well, two actually.  The first was to make sure that my car windows are totally cleared off before I drive off on a cold morning.  It was kinda hard to drive.  The 2nd lesson was to fully chew Pop Tarts before swallowing.  These two lessons came in combination.  Here's the story:

I had to get up earlier than usual so that I could get to the Stake Center by 8 am.  I was running a little behind, and, of course, there was frost all over my car.  I scraped it off, but when I drove off, the window fogged up.  I didn't want to stop to clean it off some more, so I just leaned to the right to see out of the one clear patch on the window.  At the same time, I was eating a Pop Tart.  Leaning to the side, combined with eating too fast caused the Pop Tart to get stuck in my esophagus.  I had turned onto 57th St. and really couldn't see out of the window and suddenly I was in pain from the stuck Pop Tart.  I managed to turn the car onto Monroe and pulled over to the side of the road.

*NOTE:  The squeamish to stop reading now.*

I grabbed my water bottle (I'm so thankful I had it!) and tried to drink the water to make the Pop Tart go down.  The first drink didn't work, so I took a second drink.  I wouldn't say that I threw up, but my esophagus definitely rejected the water, which I gagged all over my passenger seat.  My eyes were watering, and I was choking.  I took a few deep breaths and drank a little more water.  The Pop Tart went down.  I took a minute to regain my composure and then drove on.

*NOTE:  Okay, Squeamish...you can read again.*

The Relief Society Summit was great today!  I enjoyed singing in the Instant Choir.  The classes were great!

A good morning, except for the whole Pop Tarts thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment